[web-devel] Yesod renaming

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Fri Mar 25 22:46:03 CET 2011

Michael has floated the possibility of re-naming Yesod.

Pro:
 * Something that everyone can pronounce
 * Something easier to remember
 * Something that invokes a meaningful mental impression (instead of a "what
does that mean?").

 Con:
 * Yesod is *very* distinctive, we'd most likely end up with a less
unique name
 * People know Yesod already
One other con we had was the re-naming effort, but I think we could mitigate
that by continuing to use the Yesod name in the code to a large extent for a
while.

Would a phonetic spelling on the homepage help?
yee-sode: high performance, type-safe web development

Feedback on the issue is welcome. We are probably more concerned about
thinking back to the initial impression someone gets of the framework when
evaluating it or beginning to use it. It would be great to hear opinion from
the international crowd.