[web-devel] base-unicode-symbols not compiling

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 06:54:58 CEST 2011

CCing to Roel (base-unicode-symbols maintainer)

(Note that I see him today so expect to have a fix within a couple of hours)

On 21 April 2011 05:59, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> I'm getting sporadic bug reports about base-unicode-symbols not
> compiling, which is preventing Yesod from compiling. I actually got
> the same error on GHC 6.12.1, and hacked around it by manually
> modifying the file to avoid the problematic CPP code. You can see a
> report in a Yesod book comment[1].
>
> I think I remember you saying this is a problem with the CPP in GHC
> 6.12.1. Do you know if there's any workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> [1] http://www.yesodweb.com/book/migrate7to8#iy1

Roel, according to [1] base-unicode-symbols-0.2.1.4 is still having
trouble with:

[12 of 12] Compiling Control.Arrow.Unicode ( Control/Arrow/Unicode.hs,
dist/build/Control/Arrow/Unicode.o )
Control/Arrow/Unicode.hs:88:6: Not in scope: `>>>'
Control/Arrow/Unicode.hs:96:6: Not in scope: `<<<'

Can you fix it?

Bas