[web-devel] persistent and mysql

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Wed Apr 27 06:03:54 CEST 2011

No work has gone on for the MySQL backend for a while, so yes, you will find
github up to date.

Any idea how RDS fared in the amazon meltdown last week? Anecdotally I heard
it had problems also. It is suspected that RDS is built on top of EBS [1].
EBS appeared to be the main problem and seems to be forsaken by cloud
architects now [2]. Recent events and previous experience seems to indicate
that replication across availability zones without EBS is actually more
durable.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5249842/how-does-amazon-rds-backup-snapshot-actually-work
[2] http://status.heroku.com/incident/151