[web-devel] dtd-types

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon May 30 12:28:09 CEST 2011

I've released a preliminary version of the dtd-types package:

http://projects.haskell.org/dtd/

I originally intended these types to be eventually
incorporated into John's xml-types package. However,
after writing them, I now see that there is actually
very little in common.

The feel of a DTD is quite different than XML itself.
The only type from xml-types that I actually used was
EntityID, which is a very minor. As John pointed out,
it is very unusual to find internal DTD subsets in
XML documents in the wild. And I find that my own
code involving external DTDs has little to do with
my code for XML in practice, even though the two
are of course complimentary in purpose.

However, if people feel that this shouldn't be a
separate package, I'd be happy to deprecate it.

Of course, I am eager for any comments and suggestions
about the types themselves.

Thanks,
Yitz