[web-devel] confusion over yesod-forms-0.2.0

Michael Litchard michael at schmong.org
Thu Jun 23 03:52:33 CEST 2011

I installed the new yesod-forms-0.2.0
I tried out the sample program hello-forms.hs. The new changes work
just fine. No problems. I don't understand some of the notation, but
that didn't stop me from using yesod-form prior to the changes. I
copied the style of hello-form
exactly, I think. But I got a compile error. I don't think the error
indicates the actual problem, and I suspect I have left out something.
Below is a link to hello-form, the code I am trying to compile and the
error I get. I would appreciate any insight offered.

hello-forms.hs
http://hpaste.org/48177

Handler/SSLvpn.hs
http://hpaste.org/48178

error

Handler/SSLvpn.hs:43:14:
    No instance for (RenderMessage Aframe FormMessage)
      arising from a use of `selectField'
    Possible fix:
      add an instance declaration for (RenderMessage Aframe FormMessage)
    In the first argument of `areq', namely `(selectField tests)'
    In the second argument of `(<*>)', namely
      `areq (selectField tests) "Pick a test" Nothing'
    In the second argument of `($)', namely
      `pure (,)
     <*>
       areq (multiSelectField servers) "Pick some servers" Nothing
   <*>
     areq (selectField tests) "Pick a test" Nothing'