[web-devel] On moving Yesod-specific discussion to a separate list

Blake Rain blake.rain at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:58:51 CEST 2011

I honestly don't see how Yesod - the same as Snap, Happstack, Hackyll
and so on - should not be discussed on a mailing list related to web
development in Haskell.

The web-devel mailing list states that it's main purpose is the
promotion of web development in Haskell. Excluding a library from any
discussions simply based on it's traffic does not seem like promotion to
me. It also doesn't help those people that need assistance.

Two of the major strengths of the Haskell community is our ability to
pool our resources and the fantastic assistance given to people who ask
for it. My feeling is that, if we were to be prejudiced against
discussions related to a particular library or framework, we would be
diluting those strengths.

Separation of mailing lists by topic is understandable. But I fear that
once we break it down by library or framework we will end up with too
much division in the community: something that I feel should be avoided.

I would rather have all the web development discussions - be those
related to Yesod, Snap, Happstack or whatever - in one place. Then we
can all work together.