[web-devel] [Haskell-cafe] Adding Html formatting to formlets

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Fri Feb 3 02:12:49 CET 2012

Hello,

Formlets is deprecated in favor of digestive functors. If you have not looked at the digestive-functors package I highly recommend that you do. It fixes a lot of little issues that formlets had -- but is basically the same thing.

The (<<<) operator is a already a standard operator in Control.Category / Control.Arrow. So, it is probably confusing to reuse that symbol for something else…

The digestive functors library defines two new operators (++>) and (<++) which are somewhat related to what you are trying to do.

In HTML, the <label> tag is supposed to reference the 'id' of the field is it labeling. For example, you might have:

In formlets, there was no way to do that because the 'ids' are not accessible to the user. In digestive functors you can use the ++> operator to 'share' an id between to elements. That allows you to write:

label "Username :" ++>  inputText Nothing

Anyway, I would  love to see:

 a) your new combinators renamed and reimplemented for digestive-functors
 b) the type signatures of these new operators

With out the type signatures it is a bit hard to decipher what your new operators are actually doing..

But, I love seeing any new improvements to the formlets/digestive-functors concept!

- jeremy