[web-devel] ANNOUNCE MFlow-0.0.3 an Application Server for stateful web apps with statically typed widget combinators

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:57:20 CET 2012

Hi  Haskellers

I I´m happy to announce the first version of MFlow

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/MFlow

MFlow permits the execution of web applications in a procedural form,
that is, with multiple requests-response interactions in a single
procedure. MFlow stores the execution state, manage timeouts, shutdown
and restart the procedure on demand at the point of execution, even
after server stop. These services are transparent for the programmer.

The other aspect of MFlow are combinators for the definition of
widgets and formlets that can be mixed freely with HTML formatting and
produce statically typed values using  the "traditional"
formlet/applicative approach. There are bindings for the package
XHtml, so no need to learn new  paradigms/scripting/formatting..

Console and window oriented apps are possible.

Out of te box serialization in files permits very rapid prototyping,
but any backend can be used .

MFlow (MessageFlow) was created initially as the user interface for
the Workflow package . Currently is an alpha version. It has only
basic authentication but I plan to inprove it for serious
applications. I upload this version just in case anyone wants to play
with it.