[web-devel] Happstack authentication and sessions

dag.odenhall at gmail.com dag.odenhall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:22:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Asafe Ribeiro <asafe.hai.kai at gmail.com>wrote:

> How is Session management usually done in Happstack. I found two
> packages, happastack-auth and happastack-authentication but both seem
> outdated and no longer manteined (could not even get them to build).

We're working on a clientsession integration package for Happstack.
Getting sessions right is harder than it might seem, especially as we'd
like to do something more interesting than a key-value store for Happstack.
In the mean time, you could perhaps do something simple yourself, such as
generating a session ID with the entropy package and store that in a cookie
as base64. Then you can use that ID to look things up in acid-state, for
example.

Have you looked at this for authentication?
http://src.seereason.com/happstack-authenticate/