[web-devel] [Yesod] Better web app deployment

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Fri May 4 17:23:58 CEST 2012

> * We'll use Nginx as a reverse proxy. This will allow us to have virtual
> hosting, more efficient static file serving (possibly from a separate
> domain), and zero-downtime deployments.

Its important to note that this level of infrastrucure can provide SSL also.
Pound can also be used in place of Nginx as a lighter-weight
alternative if all of Nginx's features aren't needed.
AWS provides their own load balancer: that can be used instead of Pound.

It all looks good!
With respect to Lyndon's questions of building, the ideal is to spin
up a build server identical to production, build, copy the new
application over, start the new app, and turn off the build server.
Jeremy is mentoring a Haskell build server GSoC project.