[web-devel] "Wiki" section of the Yesod doc site

John MacFarlane jgm at berkeley.edu
Sun May 13 05:37:39 CEST 2012

+++ Greg Weber [Jun 13 11 06:40 ]:
>    The yesoddocs repo is deprecated. The new yesodweb site is built using
>    a project that Michael's employer owns, and the code is not open
>    source. But it is much easier for the Yesod community to use, because
>    you can just edit on site WISYWIG, without having to use github and
>    install a yesod app.
>
>    John MacFralane likes the idea of a rewrite of gitit to use Yesod [1].
>    If gitit were improved more it could be used for haskellwiki.
>
>    [1]:
>    [1]http://www.mail-archive.com/haskell-cafe@haskell.org/msg90810.html

To chime in on this old thread: As an experiment, I recently started
rewriting gitit in Yesod. So far, I'm liking the experience, so I think
I will continue. The library would export Gitit as a Yesod subsite that
could be embedded into any Yesod site.

So far things are a bit rough, but when I get a bit further I'll post
what I have on github.

John