[web-devel] Snap authentication with openid?

. ch.gosch at googlemail.com
Thu May 17 12:17:56 CEST 2012

Hello web-devel,

I have a question about the snap framework: I found the Auth snaplet. As
far as I understood (I haven't quite figured out yet how to use that
thing in practice), it allows for authentication of users when the
username and password are stored locally.
Is there a way to use openID for authentication out of the box?
If not, what would I need to do to make that work? I found the
IAuthBackend, is that what I would have to implement then? Is there more
documentation on that kind of stuff somewhere?

A big thank you for any help and pointers!
Christian