[web-devel] FilePath in WAI

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 23:47:15 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Greg Weber <greg at gregweber.info> wrote:
> The ticket would be to switch the standard libraries to use
> system-filepath, which probably requires a mailing list discussion
> somewhere, a lot of boring changes of code, and a more inconvenient
> API for end users. I will wait for Text to become standardized first
> :)

The FilePath issue has been discussed at length before. The problem is
that different OS:es define file paths to be different things (i.e.
Unicode or bytes.) The FilePath type somehow has to bridge that, that
will be difficult. My main grip with FilePath right now is that it's
not an abstract type.

-- Johan