[web-devel] http-types: Request for comments for major release

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Jul 1 05:59:23 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 5:23 AM, Aristid Breitkreuz <aristidb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to deprecate the Ascii type, and use ByteString directly, to
> simplify the module structure. Any objections?

Well, Ascii is just a type synonym, so all you'd really be doing is
changing around the type signatures. From a compatibility standpoint,
a library could easily be compliant with both the old and new versions
(either by switching to using ByteString everywhere, or if you still
export the Ascii type synonym, using there). In other words, no
objections.

Michael