[Xmonad] darcs patch: fix typo. (and 1 more)

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun Apr 15 19:08:42 EDT 2007

droundy:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's a feature I've added (on my quest to make xmonad non-minimal...) to
> my version of xmonad.  It's pretty crude, but I think some sort of
> "rotating" is in order.  This way if I have only three workspaces with
> anything in them, I don't have to remember their numbers, and don't have to
> search through all nine options.
>
> David
>
> Sat Apr 14 22:56:16 PDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
>   * fix typo.
>
> Sat Apr 14 23:30:34 PDT 2007  David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net>
>   * add code to rotate through non-empty workspaces.
>   I don't expect that this will actually be accepted, as my code's pretty
>   ugly, but it's a feature I want, and might inspire some ideas.

Ok. Yes, this is interesting.

Is it possible to have all this code in your own Config.hs? Being able
to write rotView et al in Config.hs will give us an indication of how
easy it is to just let people hack their own Config.hs (and other
3rd party modules), for extensions, without needing to patch the core.

Basically I see Operations.hs as a default set of wm operations, but I
can imagine people writing their own modules for other functionality,
which people can import into their Config.hs.

-- Don