[Xmonad] darcs patch: fix typo. (and 1 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Apr 16 13:58:20 EDT 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 08:39:55PM -0400, Alec Berryman wrote:
> Donald Bruce Stewart on 2007-04-16 09:13:31 +1000:
> > droundy:
> > > After that, I'd be interested in a decent input prompt (which dmenu
> > > is not).  Ion's is better, but I'd rather figure out how to make use
> > > of an actual bash shell, as the tab completion of ion's query box is
> > > annoying (but better than nothing).
> >
> > Does anyone know of a 3rd party tool for this? Like dmenu , but for
> > more complex input?
>
> gmrun includes tab-completion, handles URLs, and can open specified
> programs in a shell.

Ah yes, that looks much nicer! The only catch is that it doesn't do
tab-completion on arguments to the program... or rather, it does do
tab-completion, but assumes the only arguments will be other programs.

It suffers from the same problem ion's query menu does, which is that it
tries to reinvent the wheel (which is to say, tab completion).  Still, it's
close to as good as ion3's query menu, which itself is good enough that I
haven't yet gotten around to replacing it (although it annoys me almost
every time I use it), so I suppose for now it'll do.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics