[Xmonad] darcs patch (to download): XPrompt: we have completions and history!

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Aug 3 13:27:27 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 03, 2007 at 03:17:33PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that I still have problem sending patches. Probably it is too
> big, so please get it from here:
> http://gorgias.mine.nu/xpromptCompletion.patch

you may wish the get it directly from the XMonadContrib repository,
with a couple of patches from Spencer. One corrects something I'm not
so proud about: a Maybe [String]...;-)

Sometimes you start with a stupid step and then you stick with it
blindly. That happens if you want something quickly. Far too quickly.

By the way, the prompt has now the basic needed functions. Thanks to
Spencer it works on Xinersama setups too. The code must be cleaned up,
and some action must be added:

- go-to-end/start-of-line
- kill/yank (stuff I need to study ...;-)
- what else?

Suggestions - for instance on default key-bindings (I'm far from being
an expert on the subject) -, comments, patches or whatever are
welcome.

Before adding those new features I'll clean the ugliest parts of the
code.

Andrea