[Xmonad] Issue 36 in xmonad: compile failure due to missing instance

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Aug 5 20:21:30 EDT 2007

Issue 36: compile failure due to missing instance

Comment #2 by stefa... at cox.net:
Thanks for the report.

This appears to be a case of a documented issue with xmonad (in the README), where it has version dependencies on other packages finer than Cabal can express.  The .cabal file only says "X11-extras>=0.2", but not all X11-extras-0.2 are equal; xmonad darcs generally requires the newest darcs X11-extras.  The reason for this is that due to the incompleteness of X11, we need to frequently add new bindings to X11-extras as we add features to Xmonad; consequently there is an unfortunately tight synchronization between the two developments.