[Xmonad] darcs patch: Extras.hsc: added xSetSelectionOwner, xGetSelectionOwn...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Aug 7 03:04:18 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 12:05:03PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:38:34AM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:

> > main :: IO ()
> > main = do
>
> Cute stuff!
> I wonder if we can't get a nicer, more haskellish, EDSL for doing these
> kinds of things. Its still too C-ish for wide use by the community.

Sure we can! Indeed I'm a bit concerned about the style, but at the
present time my main goal is to get this stuff to work and the only
examples I can copy from are written in C.

This is why this code is just a C translation into Haskell.

If someone can help me, we could write some more haskellish examples:
I have the idea of creating some xmonad utilities to do small jobs
like this one (this one is useful for getting firefox to open an url
or to look up for a word at dict.org).

Such a repository could represent a set of X application examples.

Anyway I'm sure that if we provide the community with these tools,
together with a compelling reason to use them - XMonad *is* such a
reason - a good haskellish way of using them will emerge regardless of
my code...;-)

Thanks for your kind attention.

Andrea