[Xmonad] Some questions

Sébastien Gross seb-xmonad at chezwam.org
Fri Aug 10 21:48:17 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 05:33:44PM +0200, seb-xmonad at chezwam.org wrote:
> - I do use Konsole as console and under ion I wrote a handy tool to ssh
>   from my desktop to an other server throught jumphosts:
> 	konsole_kicker "ssh -t jump1 ssh -t jump2 ssh -t desthost; exit;" \
> 	"desthost" <pid>
>   in fact konsole_kicker uses dcop to display the command string inside
>   a new tab in the current console.
>   The question is is it possible to get the pid of the current window
>   and how?

I found xdotool (http://www.semicomplete.com/projects/xdotool) that
helps me to do what I want.

For the ones that might interest, the lua code is replaced by:

--8<--
xid=$(xdotool getwindowfocus)
if ! xprop -id ${xid} | grep '^WM_NAME(STRING) = ".* - Konsole"$' >
/dev/null; then
        pid=''
else
        pid=$(xprop -id ${xid} | grep PID | awk '{print $NF}')
fi
--8<--

--
Sébastien Gross