[Xmonad] xmonad localisation

Alex Tarkovsky alextarkovsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:39:01 EDT 2007

Mats Jansborg wrote:
> How is the the organisation of xmonad supposed to account for extensions
> such as these that need to be linked with additional libraries? It seems
> any such extensions must patch not only XMonadContrib but also core
> xmonad to account for the build process, or is there some way around
> this?

If adopted, the docstring parser patch I posted to the list earlier
today would handles this for you; you'd simply add comments to your
source for each external dependency:

-- %cabalbuilddep foo>=1.0
-- %cabalbuilddep bar>=2.0

These dependencies would get picked up by the parser (which ideally is
launched by a darcs post-commit hook in the contrib repo) and shoved
into xmonad.cabal.

--
Alex Tarkovsky