[Xmonad] Re: Xmonad no longer compile since latest darcs pull

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Aug 16 02:07:22 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 05:52:37AM +0000, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> It helped but I now have this :
>
> [20 of 21] Compiling Config           ( Config.hs,
> dist/build/xmonad/xmonad-tmp/Config.o )
>
> Config.hs:171:30:
>     No instance for (Integral [WorkspaceId])
>       arising from use of `fromIntegral' at Config.hs:171:30-52
>     Possible fix:
>       add an instance declaration for (Integral [WorkspaceId])
>     In the first argument of `(-)', namely `fromIntegral workspaces'
>     In the expression: (fromIntegral workspaces) - 1
>     In the first argument of `zip', namely
>         `[0 .. (fromIntegral workspaces) - 1]'

You are using a function that is not working after the latest changes
in XMonad (take into account that the darcs version, while very
stable, still is a work in progress and sometimes the Contrib modules
are a bit out of sync).

We have 2 ways now:

1. the best thing is to start with a new, fresh Config file: save the
   one you are working on and issu the darcs revert command:
   darcs revert Config.hs
   Then rewrite your personalization from scratch and see what fails.

2. send here the offending lines (arounf Config line 170), so that I
   can understand the specific issue with the offending function and
   try to give you an answer.

Let me know.

Andrea