[Xmonad] I just noticed...

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Mon Aug 20 19:12:49 EDT 2007

Peter De Wachter wrote:
> This is a silly layout hack that hides the outer borders. (By putting
> them "outside" the screen. I guess that won't work on Xinerama
> systems.)
>
> It turns out that GTK puts an empty pixel between the menu bar and the
> top of the window. Qt gets it right.

Since posting, I noticed (but haven't tried) the NoBorders xmonad
extension.  Presumably it also removes inner borders, and more
importantly fails to fix GTK :)

on my system, OpenOffice appears to be good, firefox and thunderbird
(XUL) one pixel bad, and GTK+2 (gftp) even more than one pixel downwards
from the top of the window interior.

Isaac