[Xmonad] xinerama not working

Jason Creighton jcreigh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 22:54:28 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 12:45:36AM +0200, Ruben Porras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems with the xinerama support. I follow the installation
> steps and I run autoreconfigure. The xmonad binary is also linked with
> libXinerama.so.
>
> Howeverer when I create the first window it spans along the two
> monitors. Appart from that xmonad looks great :D

Hmm. The xmonad binary being linked to libXinerama.so would seem to
indicate that X11-extras built with Xinerama support enabled. Weird. So
let's try to figure this out, eh?

Please give the versions that you are running of the following:

xmonad
X11-extras
your X server

What does this program output when you run it under X?

import Graphics.X11.Xlib
import Graphics.X11.Xinerama

main = do
    d <- openDisplay ""