[Xmonad] Re: reserved keyboard shortcuts

David Glasser glasser at mit.edu
Mon Jun 4 08:10:32 EDT 2007

On 6/4/07, Zheng Li <li at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Is it possible to allow defining keys combination as the modifier? I used to be
> a wmii user, on which I define Ctrl-t as the modifier a la Ratpoison and Emacs.

This isn't currently possible, although it wouldn't be too hard to
write (the tricky part is running through all the windows and updating
which keys are grabbed each time the current keymap is changed).
Alternatively, you can look at the XMonadContrib.Commands module,
which lets you run xmonad actions from a dmenu prompt; I currently
only have one keybinding and run all actions through Commands.  (You
can be less extreme and only remove some of your keybindings of
course.)

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/