[Xmonad] updated size hints patch

Spencer Janssen sjanssen at cse.unl.edu
Mon Jun 4 17:05:51 EDT 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 21:47:43 +0200
"Peter De Wachter" <pdewacht at gmail.com> wrote:

> This version of the patch applies cleanly to current darcs xmonad and
> adds support for floating windows. I've recorded the tiling windows
> part and the floating window part in different patches, so you can
> apply only one and not the other. The gaps in tiled mode are still
> there.

I've applied the "apply size hints to floating windows" patch -- it's
really the right thing to do for apps like mplayer.  I still don't
think we want to handle size hints for tiled windows by default.
However, as David points out, we could have some tiled layouts in
XMonadContrib that use this size hint code.

Thanks for submitting this patch (twice!).

Cheers,
Spencer Janssen