[Xmonad] haddock...ing the source code

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Jun 10 09:11:17 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 12:04:49PM +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
>  Attached is a patch that fixes up the haddock derivation for
>  everything apart from newtype deriving.

mine is far more intrusive, and aims at building a nicely formatted
and complete documentation.

you can have a look at the results here:
http://gorgias.mine.nu/xmonad/

I'm not done yet: there some issues I'm trying to work out (new to
haddock too!), such as the description and a nice title on the first
page. I'll try to work them out.

Let me know what you think.

>  I would guess that if your newtype deriving Patch is small enough, it
>  should be suitable for use in the old version of Haddock. If when
>  submitting to Simon, you also CC me on the haddock patch, I'll apply
>  it to the local copy of haddock.

Well, just a single line to permit the parsing of something like:
deriving (MonadState XState)

It does not resolve this problem:
http://haskell.org/haddock/haddock-html-0.8/deriving.html
but does not give a parsing error back.

Let me review it. I'll be sending it later.

Ciao
Andrea