[Xmonad] darcs patch: change keybinding for restart to Escape.

Avi Rozen avi.rozen at mobileye.com
Tue Jun 12 05:19:33 EDT 2007

David Glasser wrote:

> On 6/12/07, Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 07:48:14AM +0300, Avi Rozen wrote:
>> > Is there a way to specify a prefix key instead of just a set of
>> modifiers?
>> > This is how I can use emacs (alt-x etc.)/screen (ctrl-a)/ion3
>> > (alt-k)/ratpoison in vncviewer (ctrl-t)
>> > all together in the same session...
>>
>> Use the 'submap' contrib module.
>
> Alternatively, if your memory is too small to remember bindings at
> all, the 'commands' contrib module achieves a similar goal.
>
> --dave

Took me a while to figure out how enable the 'commands' contrib
module. The instructions say to add the following lines to Config.hs-boot :

import XMonad (X)
workspaces  :: Int
commands    :: [(String, X ())]

But I get the following error when building:
parse error on input `import'

I got it working by removing the import line and moving the
declaration of commands to Config.hs:

commands :: [(String, X ())]
commands = defaultCommands

Seems to work fine, but is this the right thing to do?

Thanks,
Avi.

--
"If you are an expert in the intricacies of C++, please consider this
knowledge a kind of martial art - something a real master never uses."