[Xmonad] Issue 23 in xmonad: Processes from .xinitrc stay around forever

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jun 14 01:05:14 EDT 2007

Issue 23: Processes from .xinitrc stay around forever

Comment #1 by dons00:
To proceed with this we need to deterimine what other window managers do. As far as I
can tell, wmii and dwm take no special action (and in fact, recommend not using
'exec', and explicitly waiting on sibling processes).

This is currently also what we recommend in xmonad. If however, we can establish some
convention on what we're supposed to do in this, we could try to implement a waiting
mechanism.

Issue attribute updates:
	Labels: -Priority-Medium Priority-Low