[Xmonad] darcs patch: Setup.lhs: added a specific haddock hook to deal with ...

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Jun 17 09:47:28 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 04:22:14PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> I'm disinclined to add a cabal hook for this. Hooks are an unstable,
> discouraged way to extend the build system (and they're considered a
> security risk on hackage). The main reason not to use hooks is that
> someone with a slightly different cabal will not be able to build xmonad
> at all -- as the hooks api's won't match.

We are actually adding a hook for the 'runhaskell Setup haddock'
target, that is not affecting the build process anyhow.

I submitted a bug report to the cabal system, since I think there's an
agreement that binaries and libraries should have the same treatment
with regard to documentation generation.

We will see. For the time being the patch can be used by those who
want a good looking html first page. It does nothing more after all.

andrea