[Xmonad] [sebastian.goll@gmx.de: Re: [dwm] Greyish blobs]

Stefan O'Rear stefanor at cox.net
Sun Jun 17 23:18:32 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 01:12:36PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> This is a little weird. Spencer: was this expected. Does it mean that
> the 'grey blobs' window is somehow not visible, and previously was just
> left on the screen?

Grey blobs is a very well known bug, introduced by a patch of mine.
xpdf (notably) violates the IRCCCM and fails to send a synthetic event,
thus confusing the code I wrote to handle unmaps.  Spencer replaced it
with a much uglier and more complicated ball of guards derived from wmii
logic, and it works.

Stefan