[Xmonad] Announce: xmobar-0.1 released!

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Jun 22 12:37:35 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 06:19:19PM +0200, Robert Manea wrote:
> xmobar looks really nice though it seems to leak memory. Initially it
> started with 1936 KB resident memory after 1:06:34,30 it takes 5344 KB.
> I think you should investigate into this..

I've already investigated that: it is due to runCom.

I've discussed that with other haskellers here:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-June/027234.html

I did extensive profiling: after reaching a given level, memory usage
seems to stop increasing. But I need some feed back to understand if
there are other problems I'm not aware of. This is the reason for the
0.1 release, after all.

Please let me know your opinion.

> Regarding the dzen rewrite, unfortunatelly I'm not that fluent in
> haskell for this task. Maybe I'll give it a shot after the exams and
> some more haskell practice though :).

I was just kidding... ;-)

Thanks for your feed back.

Ciao