[Xmonad] darcs patch: commands-not-bindings (and 2 more)

glasser at mit.edu glasser at mit.edu
Wed May 23 22:25:16 EDT 2007

Here's some things I've been playing around with.  I don't actually
expect this to be committed; but it might be interesting to people.

They depend on XMonadContrib (Dmenu, Dzen, and NamedWindows),
including a not-yet-accepted patch "Allow clients of NamedWindows to
get at the name"; and copies of dmenu and dzen compiled with Xinerama
support (patches by jcreigh and me respectively).

The first patch basically gets rid of all the key bindings except one,
and makes that key pop up a dmenu which lets the user choose the
commands that used to be on key bindings.

The second patch is just minor tweaks and not worth paying attention
to.

The third patch is definitely work-in-progress: it'll dzen the X title
of the focused window to each Xinerama screen.  I'd like it to
eventually list the other windows too.

Wed May 23 09:36:14 EDT 2007  glasser at mit.edu
  * commands-not-bindings
  My initial xmonad tweaks: use dmenu commands instead of key bindings.

Wed May 23 11:49:29 EDT 2007  glasser at mit.edu
  * tweak-command-key-and-restart

Wed May 23 14:45:53 EDT 2007  glasser at mit.edu
  * Start of a dzen-based per-Xinerama screen window list command.