[Xmonad] xmobar 0.8-rc1

Hans Philipp Annen hpa at gmx.li
Sun Nov 4 01:37:43 EST 2007

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 05:52:16PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 05:16:52PM +0100, Hans Philipp Annen wrote:
> > Xrandr-support for resolution changes works without a glitch, however I
> > cannot test rotations since my hardware does not support it.
>
> great. When the screen gets bigger does xmobar resize correctly too?

Confirmed. Starting xmobar in a low resolution screen and increasing the
resolution works fine.

> And what about this?
>
> data XPosition = Top Width | Bottom Width | Static {xpos, ypos, width, height :: Int} deriving ( Read, Eq )
>
> data Width = All | Left Int | Right Int | Center Int deriving ( Read, Eq )
>
> so we would have:
>
> position = Top All
> for top with maximum width, or
>
> position = Top Left 70
> for top, left aligned, 70% of the screen width, or

Yes, that's nice. However, now that I think of it, my suggestion shows
signs of featuritis, since I cannot think of any real use for a 70%
screen-width statusbar.
It's probably best the way it is ;)

Hans Philipp