-- Re: -- Re: [Xmonad] Changes in the dev branch: xmonad can now be configured without recompiling the src!

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Nov 7 19:15:33 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 03:45:41PM -0800, Don Stewart wrote:
> I think then, hmm, that each extension module (all 72 of them...)
> need to have an example of how to insert its behaviour into the
> defaultConfig structure. (e.g. with M.union for bindings, and
> field setting for hooks).
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes, it does indeed.

I thought that it could be helpful installing a default xmonad.hs with
all the XConfig records explicitly called when no xmonad.hs is found.

This way each module could have something uniform to refer to.

And what about the docstring stuff? As far as I understand it is not
useful anymore, and we can get rid of it.

Andrea