[xmonad] darcs patch: Prompt/Shell.hs: fix invalid module imp... (and 6 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Nov 18 02:54:05 EST 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 03:43:03PM -0800, Joachim Fasting wrote:
> Sat Nov 17 23:46:14 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Shell.hs: fix invalid module  import in usage doc.
>
> Sun Nov 18 00:06:27 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Layout.hs: add missing import to usage doc.
>
> Sun Nov 18 00:07:34 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Man.hs: tweak import stuff in usage doc.
>
> Sun Nov 18 00:08:14 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Ssh.hs: fix import statements in usage doc.
>
> Sun Nov 18 00:08:54 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Window.hs: fix import statements in usage doc.
>
> Sun Nov 18 00:09:31 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Workspace.hs: update module description.
>
> Sun Nov 18 00:09:40 CET 2007  Joachim Fasting <joachim.fasting at gmail.com>
>   * Prompt/Workspace.hs: suggest using defaultXPConfig in usage doc.

Thanks Joachim for taking the time to fix those modules. There's a
(small) issue though:

> +-- >   , ((modMask .|. shiftMask, xK_m     ), workspacePrompt defaultXPConfig (windows . W.shift))

now a key binding should have this form:
((modMask x .|. shiftMask, xK_m     ), workspacePrompt defaultXPConfig (windows . W.shift))

since modMask is a record field of XConfig, and x is the
configuration.

This means that we should take some more care in giving key binding
instruction. I would suggest to give an example like this, but also a
link the documentation on editing key bindings (with something like
this: "Documentation#keys").

I will put on line a couple of examples so we can decide after having
a look to them. What do you think about this idea?

We must alse get rid of that docstring documentation stuff.

Thanks
Andrea