[xmonad] Trouble configuring xmonad on gentoo

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Nov 29 11:23:32 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:12:58AM -0500, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> > I tried to edit it, so that the "HintedTile" extension is available.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Nathan
> >

> Hm, it appears that HintedTile is broken in 0.4.1.  It is trying to use
> Layout as a record type with a field called modifyLayout, which I think
> corresponds to an older version of xmonad; in 0.4.1 Layout is no longer a
> record and there is definitely nothing named modifyLayout.  Looks like it
> never got updated when the xmonad core changed.
>
> Sorry about that, Nathan!  I'm not sure how that version of HintedTile made
> it through quality control...

Sorry Nathan,

I should have known that, since I fixed HintedTile for xmonad-0.5 (it
is now properly working indeed).

The module broke when we switched to the layout class and it was
commented out in the MetaModule (which could have been a signal for
packages' maintainers if we had given proper notice...;)

And I'm involved in that too, since I was in charge for updating it to
the new class system, but I had not time to do it... Instead I left it
commented out.

Sorry.

Andrea