[xmonad] Prompt: Keys not working

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Nov 30 06:50:47 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 06:27:37PM +0100, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> Your right, I didnt restart the X-Server for days but it helped. So
> thanks a lot!

As I said I'm suffering of a similar issue here and, as long as I can
say, it all started when I upgraded to X.org (7.2 and now xorg-1.3).

But what drives me mad is the fact the X virtual memory usage keeps
growing at a reate of about 20/40 mega a day, and X will eventually
eat all my swap space. The only way out is an X restart, something I
really hate since it takes quite some time to restart all my
applications.

Right now  this is what top is reporting:

 2009 root      15   0  624m  60m 2636 S  1.0 12.0 191:17.24 X

X has been running for not more than 16 days, a quite short period of
time - if possible I never quit X and never reboot.

Note that only the virtual memory usage grows: resident memory is
quite constant.

I tried to understand what the hell is going on, but I didn't find
anything I could relate to this problem.

If someone has some hints I would really appreciate.

Andrea