[xmonad] Prompt: Keys not working
stefanor at cox.net
Fri Nov 30 20:52:10 EST 2007
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:50:56PM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 06:31:57PM +0100, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 07:46:41AM -0500, David Roundy wrote:
> > > (Obviously) sounds like a memory leak. Presumably we're allocating X
> > > resources and never freeing them. But since they're unused, they get
> > > swapped out. I suppose this means carefully auditing all X calls. I wish
> > > we had *slightly* higher-level X calls that did GC for us (i.e. had
> > > finalizers to destroy objects when they're no longer in use). It'd be
> > > slightly problematic, since finalizers aren't guaranteed to be called at
> > > exit, so we might leak something when we restart, but that seems like a
> > > small danger relative to that of leaking while we run.
> > I just want to make it clear that I suffer from this problem well
> > *before* switching to xmonad, so I don't think this is related to
> > xmonad.
> > allbery_b once suggested it could be firefox, which is well know for
> > allocating tons of pixmaps without freeing them...
> Ah, I didn't catch this. That's a real bummer--it makes it far more
> challenging to catch bugs like this. :(
(Install and) run 'xrestop' to remove all doubt.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/attachments/20071130/c2ef66cb/attachment.bin
More information about the xmonad