[Xmonad] Issue 52 in xmonad: Some apps don't read size properly when Master in Tall mode

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Oct 6 04:55:24 EDT 2007

Issue 52: Some apps don't read size properly when Master in Tall mode

New issue report by m... at twifkak.com:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Be in Tall mode, with only one window in the Master column.
2. Open gvim or urxvt into the Master position -- don't have anything in
your .profile or .vimrc that plays with sizes (like eval `resize` or set
lines= cols=...).
3. In gvim, notice the big gray box at the bottom. In rxvt, less something
and scroll up and down and notice the confusion.

These are the only two progs I've seen exhibit this bug, though,
admittedly, I don't use very many. They are easily fixible by spawning and
killing an xterm (hence triggering the individual apps' resize code).

darcs latest on Darwin X (10.4)

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium