[Xmonad] darcs patch: Tabbed: updated to the last (unannounced) API changes

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Oct 7 08:13:39 EDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 01:47:00PM +0200, Christian Thiemann wrote:
>  Sorry for this confusion.  I noticed that Tabbed and XPrompt also use the
>  AnyEvent to detect expose events, which are represented by the XExposeEvent
>  structure in Xlib.  I think it would be conceptually better to add an
>  ExposeEvent structure to X11-extras as well.  If you agree I will do this
>  and provide patches for X11-extras and the two modules.

Don't worry for the confusion. And thanks for adding that structure.
If you want to add the XExposeEvent too, that would be great. I can
take care of updating the rest (Tabbed, XPrompt and DragPane).

>  A different question: Would it make sense to ask the maintainer of the X11
>  package to incorporate the X11-extras package?  If I got it right,
>  X11-extras provides everything Xmonad needs that X11 lacks, but still it is
>  stuff that should be in X11.

I think this is the general plan. As soon as we are finished with
Extras that will be incorporated into X11. (Spencer is also working to
the XCB bindings and, IIRC, XMonad will be switching to XCB as soon as
they are ready)

Thanks.
Andrea