[Xmonad] Debian xmonad packages - please test

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Sun Oct 7 13:17:47 EDT 2007

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Am Sonntag, den 07.10.2007, 12:09 -0300 schrieb Isaac Dupree:
>> Joachim Breitner wrote:
>>>    configuration in ~/.xmonad/config.hs
>> I guess that should be "Config.hs" rather then "config.hs"?
>
> Personally, I prefer lower case names, and the file, as saved in
> ~/.xmonad/ is not there to be run as a haskell file directly.
>
> The script of course copies it to the source tree as Config.hs.
>
> Do you think this is actually more confusing to the user?

hmm

If the file was automatically created, it probably wouldn't make a
difference

If the user is trying to learn Haskell, they might be confused a little
about case-sensitivity of module/file names

If the user is moving a Config.hs file between some of their own xmonad
compile, and ~/.xmonad, it would be easier if it had the same case.  In
fact, this reason feels like it is personally relevant to me enough (if
I were using debian) that I would prefer "Config.hs"

but these reasons are perhaps not so strong if you (or others?) feel
strongly about it

Isaac