[Xmonad] darcs patch: MetaModule: added WindowPrompt (and 2 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Oct 10 02:03:17 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 07:28:59PM -0400, Devin Mullins wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 06:45:20PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > After pulling and rewriting... I must confess I don't like
> > windowMapWith too much... I find it a bit misleading, but probably
> > it's just me.
>
> Well, it's a crappy name, but it follows the "With" convention I've seen
> in a lot of places. It's really an auxiliary function that has no great
> semantics. If you think of a clever refactoring, I'm all ears.

Well, first of all take into account that I'm a lawyer and my
stylistic observations are quite senseless.

Still the function you would like to extract the pure, "creamy center"
is a function that takes a function to select, from a tuple made up of
the windowset and the window's id, which value the returned map, whose
keys are decorated windows' names, will return ... it took me quite a
lot to get it and when I finally did I started searching for a gun to
shoot you!

I'm just kidding. I like your function. It's just a bit too complex
for my taste.

Ciao
Andra