[Xmonad] issue building xmonad on OS X 10.4

Vincent Kraeutler vincent at kraeutler.net
Sat Oct 20 11:28:28 EDT 2007

Don Stewart wrote:
> vincent:
>
>> [...]
>> I believe I can now summarize: My build problem was _not_ due to
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/1372
>> but rather due to a simple mistake of mine: I used xmonad-0.4 from darcs
>> while using the non-darcs X11-extras package.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your help.
>> Kind regards,
>> v.
>>

> Spencer, has there been an api change in X11-extras that we depend on?
> If so, better bump the minor version of X11-extras.
>
> -- Don

In the packaged xmonad-0.4, the setWMState operations are carried out
using hard-coded integer values, whereas the darcs revision of xmonad
relies on symbols exported by the darcs revision of X11-extras (and not
by the 0.4 package) i.e.:

xmonad-0.4 vincent$ diff Operations.hs ~/haskell/xmonad/Operations.hs
80c80
<     setWMState w 0 {-withdrawn-}
---
>     setWMState w withdrawnState
193c189
<     setWMState w 3 --iconic
---
>     setWMState w iconicState
203c199
<     setWMState w 1 --normal
---
>     setWMState w normalState
241c237

this corresponds exactly to the inverse of my initial fix ;-) I suppose
a bumped revision number might indeed be called for.

Kind regards,
v.