[Xmonad] darcs patch: XSelection.hs: simplify creation of window (and 10 more)

Christian Thiemann mail at christian-thiemann.de
Tue Oct 23 08:50:35 EDT 2007

Gwern Branwen wrote:
> On 2007.10.23 11:29:34 +0300, "Valery V. Vorotyntsev" <valery.vv at gmail.com> scribbled 0 lines:
>> On 10/19/07, gwern0 at gmail.com <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Fri Oct 19 14:09:00 EDT 2007  gwern0 at gmail.com
>>>   * Run.hs, ShellPrompt.sh: mv runInXTerm to ShellPrompt.hs
>> What is the purpose of this moving?
>> IMHO, the function fits nicely in Run.hs.
>
> IIRC, leaving runInXTerm in Run.hs causes a cyclical import - but I might have moved it because it made more sense to me in there.

The function was in a stand-alone module named RunInXTerm before the
runXXX functions were collected into Run.  So the situation for the
function itself is unchanged.  Probably the dependencies of the other
runXXX-functions cause some cyclical imports, but Run.hs just imports
XMonad from the core and nothing from the contrib, so I don't see where
a problem might arise, unless XMonad.hs imports some contrib modules,
which is not the case.

Conceptually I find it odd that I now need to import the whole
ShellPrompt facility just to get a command that has nothing to do with
ShellPrompt.

Greetings,
   Christian