[Xmonad] Non-English letters in XPrompt?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Sep 11 07:34:17 EDT 2007

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 09:52:53AM -0400, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:
> I've the least idea how it works.  I really appreciate your
> effort on it.

I'm working on this issue but I'm having some troubles to get the C
side understand a Haskell string is a Unicode code point.

I also tried using some of Mats code from his i18n patches,[1] with no
result. The only way I seem able to have non ascii characters properly
displayed is by converting them to single byte characters. Not what we
want really.

I think I need to study a bit more deeply the problem. There must be
something I don't grasp yet. We need to be patient...;-)

Andrea

[1] http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=43 and