[Xmonad] how can I have my defaultXPConfig in my Config.hs

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Sep 18 08:14:45 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:07:18PM +0200, lobzang at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to have my custom myXPConfig in my Config.hs , to use with XPrompt
> , so that I can easily upgrade xmonad and keep all my conf there. (let's say
> have my favorite font)
> However I am not able to compile that way :

> Config.hs:44:10:
>     Ambiguous occurrence `borderWidth'
>     It could refer to either `borderWidth', defined at Config.hs:108:0
> 		          or `borderWidth', imported from XMonadContrib.XPrompt at
> Config.hs:31:0-27

When I choose the configuration record names I just forgot that there
was big big borderWidth in Config.hs...;-)

If you need to change borderWidth use
"XMonadContrib.XPrompt.borderWidth" instead of "borderWidth".

myXPConfig = defaultXPConfig {
               font = "-bitstream-charter-*-r-normal-*-10-*-*-*-*-56-*-*"
             , bgColor = "#8a999e"
             , fgHLight = "black"
             , bgHLight = "#aaaaaa"
             , XMonadContrib.XPrompt.borderWidth = 2