[Xmonad] darcs patch: XPrompt: added i18n support and support ... (and 5 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Sep 18 08:44:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

this is all the code needed to have a i18n ready prompt.

Probably you have already seen some code here:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2007-September/002117.html

I also added support for escape characters (so that spaces, quotes or
stuff like that can be used with the shell prompt) and I removed the
readline requirement (now completions are provided directly by bash).

Still XPrompt requires a modification to xmonad.cabal since we need to
import some other C functions that don't fit in X11-extras: so
XMonadContrib.XPromptLib must be included among the "other-modules"
field in xmonad.cabal.

I updated all the usage info to provide information to the users.

These patches require the X11-extras patches I've already sent:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2007-September/002194.html

Please report back any problem (also any success, if you like..;-)

Andrea

ps: I added a new pure function (breakAtSpace) and so I added a test
for it. Some other previously tested functions have been removed from
the code and from the test suite. What is scary is all the FFI stuff,
though...;-)

Tue Sep 18 11:09:16 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * XPrompt: added i18n support and support for escaped special characters

Tue Sep 18 11:34:38 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Added XPromptLib for some needed foreign functions

Tue Sep 18 11:35:09 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * ShellPrompt: removed readline requirement and some more
  + added i18n support
  + now the prompt correctly handles escape and special characters
  + removed readline requirement

Tue Sep 18 11:37:20 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * SshePrompt: updated usage info

Tue Sep 18 11:37:56 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * XMonadPrompt: updated usage info

Tue Sep 18 11:39:08 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * test_XPrompt.hs: removed tests of removed functions and added a test for breakAtSpace