[Xmonad] darcs patch: LayoutModifier updated to use LayoutMess... (and 1 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Sep 24 15:52:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

this is the proposed new tabbed layout.

It is a substantial rewrite of the old tabbed layout, without using
simplestacking and decoration. The basic idea is to have a state to
cache the font structure and the created windows ids, in order to
minimize resource creation/destruction.

The style is far from David style, and I did not even try to imitate
it. The code is not modular, not simple; it is, well... my code. I'm
really open to suggestion on how to improve it, though.

The file has a new name, since I would like to port also the old
tabbed to the new class infrastructure. I will then try to optimize
that version too and see which one works better. This is the plan at
least.

Please let me know.

To use:
import XMonadContrib.NewTabbed

and in the default layout list add:

("tabbed", SomeLayout $ Tabbed Nothing defaultTConf)

Andrea

Mon Sep 24 21:33:45 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * LayoutModifier updated to use LayoutMessages

Mon Sep 24 21:34:19 CEST 2007  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Added a NewTabbed module with a new tabbed layout to test