[Xmonad] ideas on tabbed

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Sep 30 05:04:41 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:23:11AM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> Here's an example provided by sorear:
> http://members.cox.net/stefanor/1191121852.png
>
> As you see there is an urxvt over firefox, which causes not only that
> visible problem, but focus problems too, since when the pointer enters
> the unhidden window that window would receives the focus.
[...]
> Tabbed returns a list with just the focused window and the relative
> rectangle. I think this is the correct behavior for a layout.
>
> But tabbed has enough information to unmap those windows

That made me think about some kind of bug in Operations.windows, so I
went to check, and there are none. 'windows' is correctly hiding
unfocused windows, here.

So the answer to sorear's question:
[05:11] <sorear> arossato: Does the New Tabbed hide windows?
is yes. And Tabbed has no need to unmap those windows.

So, sorear's picture seems even more puzzling to me.

Ideas?

Andrea